Blessings and Burdens, Praise and Pray with us!
Sunday, July 10, 2016
Every Sunday, we will update this page so that you can share our blessings and burdens with us in the ministry. Check it out every Sunday to be updated on what is going on in Friend Indeed. (Please and Thank you!!)
- We received word of a generous gift from one of our dear long time friends this week, to be used in ministry or in sustaining the ministry (restaurant/hotel)!! We are so grateful for these dear friends!
- The Togolese and Pastor Teusink who will be helping renovate the current structure met this week on site to estimate costs of these renovations, both in materials and manpower. We are excited to have these estimations in order to be able to present this need to the folks who desire to come alongside us and help. Stay tuned for exact figures coming soon!
- We have been asked to speak at a community based day camp for young men and women in Lome on the Fridays of the last two weeks of July and first two weeks of August by our friends, Mike and Lynn Hutchinson. We are excited to share HIV essentials (what it is/what it isn’t, transmission, prevention, eradicating stigma/discrimination in skits, small group discussions, and teaching sessions.
- That the old and new friends of Friend Indeed will be able to help us raise what is remaining of the price of purchasing the property adjoining ours, adding 2 1/2 lots of land, a finished house with 4 bedrooms/offices, another building with two rooms, a tall gazebo with room below for a conference room and above for extra seating for our guests with a view, a water tower, space in the back for gardens which could produce food for the restaurant, and 3 bathrooms. The price of the property and projected renovations (though awaiting confirmation of estimates), is the same as what was given as an estimate just for building a restaurant alone on our own property. For this, we get so much more!! Please ask God to lead us to those people who have a heart for Him and a heart for us, who would love to come alongside and help. Thanks!!!
- Brenda will be traveling to the US from August 4 – September 15, for a mid-term break and to present these needs of the ministry. Please pray for great meetings and contacts and a time of thankfulness with supporters!
- Please pray that our ministry to the young people in Lome will be effective. Many of them will be unbelievers who have never heard of Jesus. Pray we will share boldly and our lights will shine brightly for Him in all that we say and do!
Thanks for praising and praying with us, standing in the gap with us, encouraging us and exalting our Worthy Savior!!!